Sunday, January 24, 2010

We are party people

Husband and I cannot be accused of not knowing how to have a fun evening. Perhaps interestting is a better word.

Kiddos down for bed. Husband or should I say Fellow since he was in study mode says "Hey, do you want to watch a biography on Hugo Chavez." The surprise here was the quickness with which I said "Sure!"

I took the stack of papers I was working on and the laptop and settled into my chair in the living room and waited. He walked through and asked what I was doing. "Huh? Didn't you just say we were watching something about Chavez?" "Oh,no. I've already seen it for class. I thought maybe you might want to see it. I put it in the DVD player in your office. Oh, but, I'll find something we can watch together."

I go back to flipping through the paperwork which was my humongous stack of medical files and a much smaller stack I needed to finish filling out for a doctor's appointment tomorrow.*

Call me crazy, but knowing what I was sorting through, the recorded, not yet watched Burn Notice might have been a good choice. Nope. Fellow chose the oh-so-uplifting Fail-Safe and tricked me into by asking if I wanted to watch a George Clooney movie with him.

Between stumbling across the report of and the memory of my friend Julie and her husband Nate saving my life and giving the Italian paramedics an earfull. Finding and reading the results of my two MRIs done at the Italian Cancer Center in Aviano. Gosh, what I'd love for just one sheet to say "Pt came in for follow-up appointment. Good to go."/

The combo of that and the movie left me in a somber place.

Fellow is no longer allowed to plan mommy-daddy time when mommy is already doing less than thrilling things.


*For those wondering, tomorrow's appointment is with the neurologist -FINALLY. The good news is I have already had a very thorough MRI scan done about a month ago. So, hopefully the doctor will be able to give me some sort of information since we have lots of data. And please or please, don't let him turn into Dr. Evil and demand a spinal tap.

And, for those who really care or have no life I intend to try to keep my head issues at OMG.

No comments:

Post a Comment