Friday, January 15, 2010

Getting antsy

Husband is the planner in the family. His lists have lists. The man lives for spreadsheets and flow charts and contigency plans.

Me? Yeah, not so much. I'm not into flow charts, but more of a go-with-the-flow kinda gal.

I don't know if he is starting to rub off on me, but I am chomping at the bit to get organized for our upcoming PCS. The problem is the Air Force just hasn't let us know yet where we are headed.

Where we are headed is rather important in my move prep. I have quite an assortment of cold-weather clothing for myself and the girls. If I start purging those bins the way my luck runs we'll get orders for Minot, Grand Forks or Siberia. If I seal them up and stash them out of the way to focus on other items, we'll end up headed to a hot, humid climate.

There is one category hanging over my head that is far more important than the clothing.

Liquor.

We stocked up on fabulous wines and liquores from Italy, Slovenia, Germany, France and Belguim. If we get sent back overseas we cannot ship our stash back over.

Fortunately, the planner in the family was wise enough to have only about one-third of our booty shipped to us here in Alabama. The rest is still being held by our "wine guy" in Italy.

So, there lies the dillema. What to focus on?

I suppose I could always combine the two. I can work on consuming copious amounts of my European treasures while sorting and purging clothing. It could lead to some interesting wardrobe choices. But that is okay. It's not as if people commenting on my clothing is anything new.

2 comments:

  1. You'd think the military would give you the courtesy early enough but..that would be so un-military. And even if they did, the orders would probably change. Husband has had orders since September/October for the UK but I'm at the point where I'm tapping my foot impatiently, waiting for them to change to, oh, Fort Hood. lol

    Speaking of the clothing/appearance thing...I went out ONE TIME without makeup last week - the first time in months I had done this! - and lo' and behold! I run into my FRG leader! She looked all fresh and spiffy. I looked all blah. But my husband isn't in command of anything but an XBox so I guess I looked perfect for that part. Haha!

    ReplyDelete