Thursday, February 25, 2010

40 bags

The 40 bag challenge is well underway at Casa d'Ikesters. So far, it has only been clutter. I feel a bit guilty about that.

While it is unnecessary clutter that takes away from the focus on the things that are truly important, I feel like I'm "phoning this one in." It is supposed to be a sacrifice. Getting rid of some of the magazines I hadn't quite gotten around to reading all the way through did leave me questioning if I was missing out on a great fashion tip or some fabulous recipe. But my paying attention to fashion is well-known and the instructions are clearly printed on the mac and cheese box.

So, it is time to ramp this up a bit. It has to be a sacrifice. I have done a bag a day, but just don't feel like I'm doing enough. I still have a hard time walking into my fabulous closet (those overseas will understand how fabulous actually having a closet is) and finding exactly what I am looking for because there's just too much stuff!

I have a gorgeous black evening dress that I wore to the Marine Corps ball when we were here attending ACSC - 11 YEARS AGO! Three kids and over a decade later and I somehow think I am EVER going to get back into that thing is just downright laughable. One of the local dry cleaning chains here is collecting dresses for high school girls who wouldn't otherwise be able to attend prom because of lack of funds for a dress. Today, I dig through my closet and see if there are any relics that will never fit. So, today's bag will feel like a sacrifice. Just as it should.

No comments:

Post a Comment