Friday, October 29, 2010

Milspouse Friday Fill-In

1.What’s the nicest thing a stranger has ever done for you?
I had a gentleman insist on buying breakfast and lunch far over the the voucher value for me when I was traveling with a then 2-month-old Reagan and got weathered in at the Denver airport for nearly 8 hours. He made two coffee bar runs for us. He also schlepped my bags and stroller each time they played "Change the Gate!" game. He was missing his granddaughter and was hoping there was someone willing to help his daughter when she traveled in the next few weeks. An 8-hour delay with a 2-month-old could have been brutal. It really wasn't bad at all thanks to this man. He was my constant companion and with his having a new grandbaby and being an Air Force Retiree we really did have a lot to talk about. The time actually flew by.

2.If you are having a hard time going to sleep, what do you do to help yourself?
Once I get the millions of do-lists shoved into a corner of my brain I start saying The Decades of the Rosary. I try to alternate them between English, Italian and Spanish.

3.Name something that makes you wish you were a kid again. Bills, parental issues, relationship issues. Stress over making the best choices for my children.

4.What is something you never believed until you experienced it?
Ghosts/Spirits. Neither were "conjured up." One appeared to me at the side of my bed to give me some strong advice about a situation. The other was my departed Father-in-Law who came to me in a dream to tell me to be diligent in my pregnancy (with Taylor) and to make sure the doctors were thorough because baby sister was going to have some problems. He also passed on the same message to my Sister-In-Law.

5.What can’t you say “no” to? Right now it is the huge bag of Tootsie Rolls

No comments:

Post a Comment